I've been thinking about the multi-dimensional nature of photography and how choosing the wavelengths in which to shoot is part of a photographer's wider set of choices when taking a photograph: the dimensions.
We have ...
- the three dimensions of space for our position
- the three dimensions of orientation for our direction of shooting (pitch, roll and yaw)
- the dimension of perspective and framing (choice of focal length)
- the dimension of time (when we press the shutter)
- the dimension of duration (how long is the exposure)
- the dimension of focus (and depth of field)
- the dimension of spectrum (what wavelengths we record)